Total Maj Moment


I am trying to write this without bursting into tears. Oh. Too late. Here they come...

Rose and I "met" in June 2010 after she emailed me in regards to my internship - the only problem - she lived in New Zealand! There was just something about the message she sent me and her sweet blog that made me feel like there could be something there. Since then she has assisted me from afar and we got to know one another through postcards, packages and Skype.

At the beginning of this year she told me that she and her boyfriend, Scott, were "keen" on coming to Lancaster so she could work in the studio with me. WHAT?! I felt so overwhelmed by the idea. It seemed too generous. Too big. She was willing to travel across this world to sit in my little studio? She said she was. So she came! And I will never be the same.

Rose just lit up my heart with her cheerfulness every morning and passion for her craft and MaeMae. With hers and Katie's help we have finished the wedding collection and a little social stationery collection (launch next month!). But not only did we get a lot of beautiful work done these last 6 weeks (I am just bursting to show you all!) but I learned so much from Rose about what it means to be passionate, risk everything for your dreams, and how to be a superb friend. She is a gem and I miss her immensely. I have found a kindred spirit in her and am so excited for her as she pursues design full time when she returns home. I could go on and on about how lovely and fabulous Rose is but I will end up like last night when I had to say goodbye to her - crying in bed and then consuming an entire loaf of French bread with a stick of butter.

Rose - you have forever changed me and the way I view the world. Can't wait until we are reunited. Thank you for everything. I am taking good care of the basil plant, Wally, and still polishing off the Hello Dollys.

All my love,
Mae

TOTAL MAJ MOMENT. xx

a day with kate  – (September 28, 2011 at 9:53 AM)  

AHH. this is so sweet and so sad at the same time!! Rose- I'll miss you so much!! Megan, you killed me with the loaf of bread and stick of butter... which there's nothing wrong with, by the way.

Erin  – (September 28, 2011 at 10:27 AM)  

Aw this is such a sweet post! I really can't wait to see your new collection. Congrats!

Cyd  – (September 28, 2011 at 3:29 PM)  

Awww this is so sweet Meg! Rose sounds amazing. I love friendship. xoxo

Anonymous –   – (September 29, 2011 at 1:41 PM)  

She truely is a special person (that's why she's been my friend for 23 years!), and I'm sure she's eternally grateful for the experience you've given her...

Kelly - Kiwi residing in London who also misses her immensely!

Amber  – (September 29, 2011 at 9:20 PM)  

I love this! Thank goodness for wonderful, powerful, unexpected besties! Love you! xxoo

Anonymous –   – (October 3, 2011 at 12:34 PM)  

ohhh... lost for words. MAJ moments, thank you so much for letting me be a part of the MaeMae magic. book those flights!! xx times a million

Post a Comment